At Carolinas Dermatology Group, P.A., we are committed to protect the privacy of your personal health information (PHI). This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we may use within our practice or network and disclose (share outside of our practice or network) your PHI to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations. We may also share your information for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. This Notice also describes your rights to access and control your PHI. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your PHI. We will follow the terms outlined in this Notice. We may change our Notice, at any time. Any changes will apply to all PHI. If you wish to have a copy of this notice, please notify the front desk.
Uses and Disclosures of Protected Health Information
- Health professionals who contribute to your care
- Billing companies
- Insurance companies, health plans
- Collection agencies
- Government agencies in order to assist with qualification of benefits
We may use or disclose, as-needed, your PHI in order to support the business activities of this practice which are called health care operations.
We may use and disclosure your PHI in other situations without your permission:
- If required by law
- Coroners, funeral directors
- Business Associates
- Public health activities
- Special government purposes
- Medical research
- Health oversight agencies
- Correctional institutions
- Treatment alternatives
- Police or other law enforcement purposes
- Workers’ Compensation
- Legal proceedings
All other uses and disclosures not recorded in this Notice will require a written authorization from you or your personal representative.
Your Privacy Rights
- Request an amendment of your health information
- To see and obtain a copy of your PHI.
- Request for us to communicate in different way or location
- Request a restriction of your PHI.
- To receive notification of any breach of your PHI
- Obtain a list of people/organizations who have received your PHI from us.
All requests to exercise your rights must be made in writing, please contact our Security and Privacy officer for details on how to complete that request, (803) 771-7506.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
If you think we have violated your rights, or you need more information about our privacy practices you can contact our Security and Privacy officer at (803) 771-7506 or you can contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at the address listed below:
Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave, S.W.
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201